I was intrigued when I heard about upcoming TW drama ‘Dragon Gate’ (飛越龍門客棧), the first idol drama made by TVBS starring Sunny Wang, Alice Ke, Tammy Chen and Melvin Sia. It’s supposed to be a reimagining of 1992 HK movie “New Dragon Gate Inn”. (Well, I didn’t see that movie so I can’t comment on that.)
The story – the case about an explosion that rocks the city leads to a story of turbulence in a dark city. The four leads cross paths in love, hate and revenge… who can be the last person standing?
Reminds me of ‘Black and White’? (Although it could just be there aren’t many crime/police type dramas in Taiwan.) At the Shanghai TV Festival last week, the first teaser was released.
I don’t know how to describe this.
- Sunny the action hero. Hrm. I’ll reserve judgement for that one.
- Woah explosion – CGI is okay I suppose.
- Alice looks nice in her short hair
- The pin in the neck thing… seriously?
- OMG Tammy and the hair flick, I’m LOL-ing so hard
- Are those Sunny’s tattoos?
- Tammy what are you doing in this drama? Was that even a slap?
- Another hair flick! Tammy is stealing the show here, is that intended?
- This Melvin guy looks A LOT like the Soler twins
- Alice does that kung fu move which looks super fake
- oh we end with ROOFTOP, the staple of all crime dramas these days
This is like a serious drama right? I should watch this just for Tammy and her great hair.
Photo credits: Official Dragon Gate website